Bailey And Dufort Collect Their First Goals Of The Season In A Hard Fought Tie With The Cazenovia Wildcats

Bailey And Dufort Collect Their First Goals Of The Season In A Hard Fought Tie With The Cazenovia Wildcats

Cazenovia, NY- The Fisher Men's Soccer team jumped out to an early first half lead, up 2-0 after the first 45 minutes of play. But the Cazenovia Wildcats (3-2-1) answered with two goals of their own in the second half to force the first overtime game of the season for the Falcons. Neither team could capitalize in the extras though, and the Falcons had to settle for a 2-2 tie with the Wildcats on Wednesday afternoon at Christakos Field.

Marckenzy Dufort (Dorchester, MA) earned his first goal as a Falcon to get his team on the board first with just 48 seconds ticked off the clock when he finished a pass from teammate Andree Molina (El Paso, TX) to take the 1-0 lead. Joel Bailey (Derrider, LA) made it a 2-0 game just six minutes later as he beat Wildcats keeper Maurice Tessman at the 7:43 mark. The Falcons looked to take a three goal lead right before the break as Molina had two chances to score but was denied by Tessman who kept the home team within two.

The Wildcats came out of the break looking to get back in the game and Kaito Morisada helped them do just that. After missing the first two shots of the second half, he found the back of the net to make it 2-1 with 30 minutes left on the clock. Neither team could get much going offensively over the next 20 minutes though, as each team combined for just three shots and it looked like the Falcons might pull it out as they held the lead with nine minutes left to play. However the physical play on both sides proved to be the difference as Cazenovia was awarded a penalty kick in the 82nd minute and Cazenovia's David Andreasson took the kick for his team, making it count and tying it up 2-2. Senior Kervens Surpris (Pompano Beach, FL) got open for a shot just before regulation, but Tessman earned his 5th save of the game to force overtime.

Falcons keeper Christopher Garcia (Rowland Heights, CA) kept his team in the match in the first overtime, making three crucial saves to keep it knotted at two. Fisher had two corner kicks just before the end of the first OT, but Ryan McCassie's (Waltham, MA) kicks could not connect and the two teams headed to double OT. Unfortunately both teams seemed to run out of steam in the last OT as neither could put a shot on goal with the game ending in a 2-2 draw.

Dufort and Molina led the way with two shots on goal a piece, with Molina finishing with his 14th point this season. Garcia earned the draw while tallying six saves while his counterpart Tessman grabbed five Fisher shots.

The Falcons will head back on the road when they take on Unity College on Saturday.